Having an Eco-friendly home is something that is on the radar of most home buyers these days, but they may not know where to start. This can make it difficult for people who truly want to make a difference by living a lifestyle that is as environmentally conscious as possible.The best way that you can ensure that your potential new home has the features you are looking for is to employ a qualified real estate agent who is in tune with your way of life, it will help you make the right purchase for your family.
Key Eco Items to Watch For
Although it is not always possible to find all of the items listed below in one home, you will want to select a place that has as many of the following features as possible.
1) Solar Panels - The inclusion of operational solar panels is definitely a big plus for an Eco-friendly home. If you are unable to find a home that has them, however, you can install them yourself at a later date. Also, solar heating panels can be utilized for swimming pools.
2) Energy-Efficient Appliances - Those included with the home should be certified as energy-efficient. Even if the home does not come equipped with any standard appliances, you should still look into the water heater and the HVAC system to see if they are energy-efficient. Not only will they save you tons of money, they are one of the most defining eco products that truly reduce your carbon footprint.
3) Eco-Friendly Materials - It is definitely possible to get a home that was made with durable, Eco-friendly materials, including the carpet and tile. Not only are these materials better for the environment, but they will also last longer.
Tips for Finding the Right Agent
It is important to realize that not all real estate agents will be able to understand what it means for a home to be eco-friendly. Therefore, you need to fully explore your options before you select a Realtor. The following list can help you find the right agent without wasting a lot of time.
1) Online Reviews - Make sure the agent you select has some good online comments that real people have had with them. Testimonials are a big deal to any good agent and can make a huge difference in the ultimate results with finding just the right home. A truly qualified agent should have educated themselves thoroughly about today’s green ingredients in home buying.
2) Local Eco-Friendly Message Boards - Because you want an agent who will understand your desire to be green, it is a good idea to use a locally based message board to inquire about the experiences that other members have had. By comparing the referrals from the message board with the reviews that are posted on other sites, you can quickly narrow down your search.
3) Be Specific and Ask Questions - Ask agents questions that will help you determine whether or not they actually understand what an Eco-friendly home is. According to Movoto Real Estate, a firm which painstakingly matches up the best local agent for your needs, it is important to make sure that you set down your goals and the factors on which you will not compromise.
Once you have located a real estate agent who understands your desire to be Eco-friendly, you can begin the search for your new home. Although it might take some time to find the perfect place, you will be able to rest easier with the knowledge that you have taken some steps to help the environment.